RSS

About

Make the house Great

Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Kit, FG1M1600GRYRD

I am so in love with this mop, that's a funny thing to say, but it's true. I have used a good quality microfiber mop for years, and I have tried the cheap versions they sell in stores now days, don't waste your money on the cheap ones. I clean homes and a couple of churches and decided I needed to get more refills for my current microfiber mop. I also considered getting one of those Swiffer mops, then I saw the commercial for the Reveal Spray Mop. I did a little research on line, and read the reviews on it, I figured I'd give it a try.

I priced it here and on Rubbermaid's site, this is the better deal here on Amazon, you get the mop, 3 microfiber mop pads and 2 bottles, on Rubbermaid's site, you only get the mop, 1 pad and 1 bottle, plus you have to pay for shipping, get it here, much better deal.

When I received it, the box looked too small, but it turned out the mop handle came in two pieces. There are no instructions in the box, but the handle snapped together pretty easily, and it doesn't come a part easily after that. The pads are impressive, they are much thicker than my original microfiber mop pads, that comes in very handy, you don't have to change (or rinse) the pads as often. One thing you must do when you are using a microfiber mop is you have to either change the pads or rinse the pads, just like you would have to rinse a sponge or string mop, it only picks up so much dirt then it needs a rinse or change, that's no big deal once you realize that, with this kit, since you get 3 pads, it's not a problem, once the pad stops cleaning, just change to a clean pad.

I washed the 3 pads before I used them (I do that with any microfiber product I get). A bit of advice, with any microfiber product, wash in hot water, do not wash with towels (it will pick up the lint from the towels), do not use chlorine bleach, that will destroy the material, and finally, do not use any sort of fabric softener, the microfiber will suck up the fabric softener and then it will not pick up dirt, it will just leave smears. When it comes out of the dryer, it will have lots of static cling, that is a good thing, especially if you are going to use it as a dry dust mop.

I had the chance to use my new mop at church a few days after I received it. I filled the bottle most of the way with water, then I added just a little ammonia (don't use too much or you will have to rinse the ammonia off). I first cleaned 2 glass doors, then started on the floor. I was immediately impressed with it, the thicker pads pick up so much more dirt and liquid, it cleaned the windows without leaving any streaks. I have since used it on many other floors with equally wonderful results. I am so impressed, I am so glad I didn't buy a Swiffer mop, it's a great idea but with the Reveal mop, you don't have to buy refill pads nor do you have to buy refill cleaner. You can use whatever cleaner you want in this bottle, just remember, no chlorine bleach. And also, use less cleaner than you think you'll need, the microfiber pad is more than capable of cleaning with plain water.

I like the swivel feature, I figured out a trick if you are having to mop under a bed or other low furniture, turn the mop over so that the bottle is on the bottom of the handle, that way you will not catch the bottle on the bed frame or furniture. The handle has a trigger that sprays the water/cleaner, it sprays in a good pattern, just a few inches in front of the mop, in a near perfect rectangular pattern about the same size as the mop head. I was able to spray it on the glass door by holding it level and spraying it toward the glass.

If you are cleaning a place that has a dog or cat, you will need to sweep very well, it's nearly impossible to get up all the animal hair, what will happen is when you are mopping, the animal hair will bunch up in front of the mop head, it's nearly impossible to keep that from happening, I just push the hair into one spot and pick it up after I finish mopping. It's not a flaw in the mop, it would do that with any microfiber mop.

The mop feels quite sturdy, the pads are thick and substantial, I feel confident this will keep me happily mopping for many years.

I have recommended this to all of my friends. So far, everyone who has seen it wants one. I give it a big thumbs up.

Review By. Wretha Smith


 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment