RSS

About

Make the house Great

Sharper Image SI7305-GPH06 Glass Computer Desk with Storage



This is the coolest looking desk I could find for my teenage son- and I was happy with the price. However, I can't stress enough how much of a pain the assembly turned out to be. It arrives in 2 boxes which are both VERY heavy- if you live alone and/or have any amount of difficulty with lifting- do not even attempt it. In the pictures, I thought it looked as if the drawers were metal- they are heavy MDF painted to look like metal. That was okay- no biggie- but every single part requires assembly... lots and lots of screws and parts. The parts are all numbered- which makes it easier- just keep all of the screws and bolts in their baggies with the numbers on them. They give you a small screwdriver and a hex key- but I really reccommend having a drill handy if you can. My hands were sore from the little screwdriver after only 2 drawers. Once I got the drill out- things went much more smoothly. Everything went pretty well until the assembly of the small drawer on the left side of the desk. If you buy this desk- be very careful about how you put together the bottom of that drawer box- I had to completely undo and re-do it twice. It has two brackets which attach on the bottom to link it to the metal frame and one of those holes was not tapped- so we had to hammer the screw into the hole. It will work fine- but I think it just shows that manufacturing quality might be slightly lacking. The instructions are very basic and don't show details enough to have prevented me from putting that bottom piece on the wrong way the first time. Overall, the design aesthetic for the money is excellent- the assembly may give you a headache- but my son says "tell them I love my desk". So, there you have it.

Review By. jmeweb "J-me"

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment